Monday, September 07, 2009

Junior Year

Junior year of high school starts tomorrow. Well, not for you necessarily, but certainly for me. And I have a feeling that all that talk about 11th grade being the hardest is true. So, I thought, hey, I'll chronicle this overworked year of madness, and see where it takes me. I'm thinking about my commitments for this year, and doing a double take: AP classes, treasurer for the theatre board, an editor on the literary magazine, voice lessons, piano lessons, and an educational acting troupe. What was I thinking? Oh, and then there are those pesky college visits.

So my required summer homework for AP English Literature and AP European History is done, I'm reviewing for AP Chemistry, and I'm hoping that my Freshman sister doesn't get terribly lost the first day of school. I'm thinking that providing my schedule up front will be much more useful than letting everyone puzzle it out. I'll be working on pseudonyms for my teachers as I need them, class names should be good for now. My high school has an A day/B day schedule. I have four class periods a day, odds on one, evens on the other.
  1. Concert Choir
  2. AP Calculus AB
  3. Spanish IV
  4. AP English Literature
  5. Study Hall
  6. Children's Theatre/Acting 3
  7. AP European History
  8. AP Chemistry
Now, I watched the movie Julie & Julia yesterday, which is probably why I'm writing this post today. Julie Powell took a year and wrote a blog about the recipes from Julia Child's first cookbook, which landed a book deal, and then a movie deal. And all I can think about is what Cousin Knitty was saying (wow - making up those pseudonyms isn't so hard) about how all Julie Powell wanted from the beginning was a book contract, and that she didn't read anyone's blogs. I might not read that many blogs, or be much of a blogger myself, but I'm really writing this so I will have a time capsule of this year. I really don't know how it'll turn out, and I'm very curious. This will let me look back to the beginning of the story because when I get to the end, I'm guessing I'll have forgetten a lot of the journey.

No comments: