Monday, September 07, 2009

Freshman Year

Wow, it feels so weird, about to start my Freshman year of high school. When I was younger, high school people were so big, and now they don't seem quite so big - because I know I'm not that big. I'm kind of nervous about making friends, not getting lost, auditioning for shows...I suppose it's absolutely normal to feel this way, but I don't want it to be underrated. It's pretty scary, the whole idea. I've asked my sister lots about the school I'm going to (and that she goes to), but...I don't know. It just feels so strange, this feeling that's hovering over me that something could go wrong, that it isn't real, that...

Well, I try to counter this feeling with the idea that billions of people have made it through their Freshman years of high school and been perfectly fine. Naturally, it doesn't help one bit. The only comforting thing right now is that I know where my locker is and that I know the choir and theatre teachers. From then on, I have no idea what to do and how to act. For goodness sake's, I don't even have teachers that Lindsay's had. Except for, of course, the theatre and choir directors.

  1. Biology
  2. Geometry
  3. Acting 1
  4. Spanish II
  5. Global Study 9
  6. Lit & Comp 9
  7. Study Hall
  8. P.E.
Okay, so never would I voluntarily take P.E., but it's just one of those fickle little things you have to take to graduate. Like Lindsay mentioned earlier, it's an A Day/B Day system, with the odd classes being on the first day and even on the next. So, for my one elective, I got Acting 1 (yay!), with Women's Choir being my one elective second semester, and my classes are evenly distributed. I can only say that my schedule turned out a lot better than some people's, who had to have a lot of changing and tweaking and didn't get their first-choice electives, and that I'll see how the other classes are after Tuesday and Wednesday.

Lindsay originally was going to use this blog for herself, but asked if I wanted to join her in cataloging this year's adventures. It'll be a strange but interesting experience to look back on it all.

No comments: