Tuesday, September 08, 2009

First Day Back

Providing my schedule up front didn't work.  I have a new one now.
  1. Concert Choir
  2. AP Chemistry
  3. Spanish IV
  4. AP English Literature
  5. AP Calculus AB
  6. Children's Theatre/Acting 3
  7. AP European History
  8. Early Release
I'm now taking full advantage of my status as an upperclassman with Early Release (or Early Dismissal).  Basically, I get to leave the campus, rather than staying in a dull study hall.   

The Calc class is huge.  There are 46 students in it, including myself.  I sat in a chair, wedged between two desks, and I wasn't the only one without a proper table.

I'm tired right now; adjusting back to a 6 am wake-up is hard.  My big impression from the day is how hurt every part of the school is by budget cuts.  Choir can't afford buses, Spanish and Calculus are overflowing with students, and European history needs new textbooks.  And I guess that isn't so different than the complaints during the good times, but in this case 'can't afford' is $700 instead of $200, 'overflowing' is two dozen, and new textbooks... well, actually, that's just pretty normal. 

    No comments: