Thursday, August 04, 2011

Make-your-own Modcloth: the grand reveal!



Yay! Thanks to Sarah for such cute pictures. These photos are the result of my project to recreate the look of the Lime in Love Dress from Modcloth for less.

My favorite things about this dress:
  • The belt! It's a false belt, really. The white band is stitched in the zipper seam and tacked where the adorable button is. Belts provide added detail and interest, but when belts slide up or down... I never have to worry about that malfunction with this dress.
  • The pockets! Talk about practicality.
  • That I bought the fabric on Sunday and have the dress today! I worked on the dress in little spurts and still finished it before I would have received the Modcloth dress in the mail.

1 comment:

tracyh said...

It came out great! I actually like your version better then the ModCloth one!