Saturday, September 20, 2008

Target and Toothbrushes


Target + Toothbrushes = a Totally awesome find.


THE FIND: Recycline produces Preserve toothbrushes with handles that are 100% recycled and partly made of - guess it - yogurt cups. Can you think of anything better to bring about that sustainable bliss feeling? I found them by Googling eco-friendly toothbrushes and to my delight the website said they were available at Target. I itched to head over and buy myself a toothbrush right away, but decided I didn't need one then (reduce!), and to wait for another reason to go over. Well today was my lucky day and now I am the proud owner of a Preserve toothbrush from Target for $2.09. A few months from now when I'm done with my toothbrush I simply mail it back to Recycline for free -using pre-paid postage from their website -and feel good knowing it will be made into something new, like plastic lumber.

NEXT STEP: I'm getting my teeth cleaned in the next month and I'm going to be given a new toothbrush when I brush with fluoride. I'm going to see if I can switch my dentist to Preserve toothbrushes for his patients both big and small. (Preserve Jr. is perfect for your little one)

QUESTIONS: Do any of you use Preserve toothbrushes? Do you have any other recycled toothbrush brands you love? Where else are the toothbrushes sold?
(Image from www.recycline.com)

No comments: