Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Cat Adoption Center

My sister is in girl scouts and her troop recently went to a cat adoption center. I was invited to go along so I went. The center was no kill, that meant that they don't put animals to sleep. It said it was a cat adoption center and it was. I mean it had 200 cats. But it also seemed to be a cat rights center. They believe in neutering and spaying but they don't believe in declawing cats, even the ones who scratch people. The odd thing is that they don't accept all of the cats at the center.

The system for taking care of feral (wild) cats is pretty neat. They have links with a few farms and will send the cats strait there. That way the cat can remain wild with lots of prey that the farmers don't like.

I do think they do a good job taking care of the cats. Each has a room they live in with other cats. The room is decided by what food they eat. It smells pretty good in each room. Some cats who don't try to run away get to just hang out on the secound floor. In all it was a good place but I still wanted to take one home (but my cat would have been jealous)

No comments: